2020/06/07 • BY JADE
In this article, I’ll be sharing with you some of my go-to journaling prompts.
Journaling is a wonderful way to get what’s going on in your heart onto a piece of paper.
It’s a safe space where you can share your secrets and reflect and learn something new about yourself.
If you are feeling a little lost or overwhelmed in life, journaling is a powerful tool that can help you improve your relationship with yourself – because at the end of the day that’s the most important relationship we have.
Not only that but journaling can help you let go of negative emotions and help you work through the things that are bothering you.
Getting everything out and putting it into words can give you a wonderful sense of peace and sometimes even a new perspective.
Journaling has helped me a great deal on my personal-development journey by helping me become more self-aware.
My hope for you is that you too can benefit from journaling and that it also helps you on your journey.
If you have no clue how to journal and no idea where to start, you can check out this post for the ultimate beginner guide to journaling.
• How was your day? (start with something simple)
• List ten things that put a smile on your face today.
• Name three emotions you are feeling right now.
• What has made you feel these emotions?
• What have you struggled with today?
• Write down five things you are grateful for?
• When was the last time you laughed and at what?
• What is your idea of happiness?
• What does success mean to you?
• Write down one memory that you cherish.
• What are your goals in life?
• List your top three fears and the reason behind them.
• Do you care about other’s opinions? Why is that?
• What is your favorite season? Why?
• How can you improve your time management?
• Have you made progress with your goals recently?
• Who or what inspires you? Why?
• What can you do to make today/tomorrow a perfect day?
• Is there anything you haven’t forgiven yourself for?
• What does your dream house look like?
• What does your dream day look like?
• What is your favorite childhood memory?
• Does your morning routine support your dream life?
• Make a bucket list of all the things you would like to experience in your life.
• Make a list of all the places you would like to visit in your life.
• What are your biggest strengths?
• How do you practice self-care?
• When do you feel most energized?
• If you knew you would succeed, what would you do?
• What is your dream job?
• When do you feel most at peace?
• Write a letter to someone who is not in your life anymore. What would you tell them?
• What is your favorite song? Put it on!
• What did you say no to today? How did it make you feel?
• What did you say yes to today? How did it make you feel?
• What are three things you couldn’t live without?
• How would you describe yourself to someone who doesn’t know you?
• What are the ten things you love about yourself?
• What are three things that always make you joyful? (Ex. sound of others laughing, watching the sunrise, coffee in the morning – it’s the small things that matter)
• Write about your future self. Who is she? What does she look like? What does she do and how did she get there?
• What do people compliment you on?
• What is the best piece of advice you’ve gotten?
• What is your favorite quote?
• Do your habits support your dreams?
• What makes you unique?
• What are you talented at?
• What are you most passionate about?
• List the things you would like to achieve today/this week.
• Is there someone you haven’t forgiven? Why?
• Where would you say is your happy place? Why?
Don’t feel overwhelmed by this list.
It may be long, but you can start with a clean page and start writing about one thing.
After you’ve written, it takes a few seconds to read it over and reflect.
Reflection is the key to making the most out of journaling.
I genuinely hope you’ve enjoyed this post and that these prompts can help you on your journey to self-discovery.